"Order Options" are questions and/or dropdown boxes shown on your online checkout process. These options may be required or not, and include costs or not. The checkout process' field names and layout is completely customizable. This article will review the default configuration.
Configuring Order Options
These optional fields on your website are located under Admin > Order Config > Order Options. There are several "Group" choices, which determine the location and use of each option. There are two groups that appear during the checkout process:
- "Top" Group - Required, by default.
- "Bottom" Group - Optional, by default.
Order Options can be customized in a multitude of ways. Use the blue/yellow page icon to copy and edit an existing options. Here is an example and description of each relevant field:
Order Option Fields:
- Name - An internal name hidden from customers.
- Description - Website text describing this order option as a whole.
- Options - Leave blank for an open comment box.
- Name - Name of this selection.
- Cost - Optional price for the selection.
- Exclude - This option will not appear for the Category Name or Item Name entered. Multiple entries are separated with a comma and a space.
- Level - Restricted based on the user's access level.
- Display - "Yes" appears on website.
- Availability Rules - Optional restrictions for displaying this order option.
- Include Blank Option - "Yes" has no default selection for multiple choice order options.
- Display Price - Will show the cost next to the order option name.
- Group - Organization for order options.
- Top: Appears during the checkout process on "Customer Info".
- Top and CRM - Event: Appears on checkout and on each order.
- Bottom: Appears during the checkout process on "Customer Info".
- Bottom CRM - Event: Appears on checkout and on each order.
- Start: Appears at the beginning of the order process.
- Checklist: Not applicable to DRS.
- CRM - Event: Appears an option on each individual order.
- CRM - Customer: Appears in the "Customers" tab as an option available for your CRM notes/options.
- No Group: Will not show anywhere.
- Scope: Not applicable to DRS. Leave default selection.
- Taxable: Will apply tax specifically to the costs, if used.