Under Admin > Documents > General Documents are the templates used throughout the software to communicate with your customers. Documents can be freely edited and formatted using a built-in editor. Merge Fields are used to, essentially, "copy-and-paste" customer information or order information into the appropriate areas for maximum flexibility.
Here is a default list and description of each document:
- Auto Contract - The contract header layout. The contact's contents are on "Contract Page 1" and "Contract Page 2" below. The full contract available from the "Page Icon" at the bottom of order boxes.
- Auto Message Do Not Send List - Add emails to this document (separated by a comma and a space) to prevent any Automatic Messages (Admin > Documents > Automatic Messages) from sending.
- Cancel - The template sent when an order is canceled.
- Contract - The contract header layout. This version is rarely used. Most accounts have selected a different option and are probably using the "Auto Contract" document's header version.
- Contract Page 1 - The content for the contract attached to either the "Auto Contact" or "Contract" header. The content itself does not need to be paginated.
- Contract Page 2 - An additional page for contract content attached to either the "Auto Contact" or "Contract" header.
- Contract Before Payment Header - The text in this document will appear above the contract, if the setting "Require Contact Before Payment" is selected, which adds a contract page to the checkout process.
- Invoice - A separate invoice document (the "Receipt" and "Virtual Terminal Receipts" are used most often) available from the "Page Icon" at the bottom of order boxes.
- Quick Quote - The quote document sent from the "CRM Icon" in the Shopping Cart.
- Quote - Sent from the "Prepare Quote" button in the Pay screen's payment options.
- Raincheck - A document to inform customers that they a pending credit(s) from a canceled order(s).
- Receipt - The "Invoice/Receipt" that is sent when an order is submitted through the Shopping Cart View.
- Request for Quote - Confirmation document sent to customers when they request a quote on your website. Quote functionality is not available to online customers, by default.
- Multiple Invoices Receipt - A receipt sent to customers when a batch invoice payment is made.
- Multi Invoice Order Subheader Template - This document is used to include additional merge fields that will pull from individual orders for inclusion in a batch invoice.
- Multi Invoice Summary Email Template - The batch invoice template sent from "Prepare Invoice" in the CRM.
- Multi Invoice Summary PDF Template - The batch invoice template that will generate as a PDF via link and in the CRM.
- Thank You Page - The text in this document appears at the top of the "Thank You" webpage, which appears after an order is submitted.
- Virtual Terminal Receipt - The "Invoice/Receipt" that is sent when an order is submitted through the Single Page Checkout.
- Work Order - A document without a "Payment" button that can be automatically sent for any swapouts (via setting).
Please sign in to leave a comment.